We are going to read a text about the movement of the electron clicking on this link: https://www.petervaldivia.com/electricity/
After reading this information, you have to answer these questions:
- What is the most widely used form of energy?
- What does electricity run?
- What do you need to produce electricity?
- What is it called when electrons build up on an object before jumping to another object nearby?
- Name two things that can be charged with static electricity?
- What do all atoms have?
- Name the two things that make up the nucleus.
- What are electrons attracted to?
- What are electrons repelled by?
- What is an electrostatic force?
- What is the charge of a proton?
- What is the charge of an electron?
- What happens in conductive metals to the outermost electron?
- Name a metal that is a very good electrical conductor.
- What happens when electrons collide with other atoms?
- What happens to the outermost atoms in insulator materials?
- Name two materials that are insulators.
- What prevents the flow of electricity?
- True or false: gravitational forces are stronger than electromagnetic forces?
In order to check your answers, you can watch this presentation.
If you want to learn more about the movement of the electron, you can watch these videos.