This is s good video to understand electromagnets. As you know an electromagnet is a type of magnet in which the magnetic field is produced by the flow of electric current. The magnetic field disappears when the current is turned off. Electromagnets are widely used as components of other electrical devices, such as motors and generators.
After watching the video, you have to answer these questions:
1. A magnet can pick up a pile of staples. True or false.
2. A screw can pick up a pile of staples. True or False.
3. Wire wrapped around a screw can pick up a pile of staples. True or False.
4. How can you create a magnet with a screw and wire?
5. How did the man in the video make the needle of the compass move?
6. As recommended by the man in the video, how can you experiment with electromagnetics at home? How can you measure the strength of the electromagnets?